Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Anxiety and panic attacks are the body’s way of responding to challenges which it feels unable to cope with. People are often surprised that symptoms can be so physical, and the severity of symptoms can become overwhelming and daunting to face. Many people who consult a psychologist for anxiety or panic attacks feel embarrassed and locked into a cycle of self-doubt, low self-worth, and sadness. We understand these feelings and want you to know that we can help you to manage your symptoms, with full recovery as a possibility.
Common Symptoms of High Anxiety
There are many symptoms which can result from high anxiety. Here are just some of the indicators that you may be suffering from anxiety:
- Panic attacks, characterised by a fast beating heart and/or problems with breathing
- Sleep disorders
- Use of alcohol/food/pain-killers to self-medicate symptoms
- Avoidance of going out and cancelling appointments
- Inability to concentrate at work
- Mood swings
- A feeling of going crazy or a sense of reality being lost, and hiding these feelings from friends and family
- Fatigue and feeling overwhelmed with life
If you are suffering from any of these issues, or if you are feeling anxious in other ways, please do call us and we can chat about your situation and offer you some support.
Personalised Treatment Plans for Anxiety and Panic Attacks
After talking through your problems, your psychologist will then be able to suggest a treatment plan designed around your specific needs. This may include:
- Psychotherapy: addressing root causes and management strategies
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT): learning ways of changing your thoughts and behaviours
- Mindfulness: control through knowledge and self-awareness
Benefits of Seeing a Psychologist
With at treatment program by a psychologist, you have a very high chance of recovery.
- One in ten people suffer from at least one panic attack in their lifetime.
- You may have very strong will power but have fallen into anxiety traps. Discover how your best attempts are working against you.
- The treatment of choice is a psychological therapy program delivered by a psychologist.
- Outcome research shows that the success rate of treatment for high anxiety is 80 to 90%.
- Recovery can be complete.
All of our psychologists have the highest level of training in how to treat anxiety and panic attacks.
Therapy for Anxiety and Panic Attacks at Westbourne Park Psychology
Are you interested in booking in with someone for treatment? Please feel free to contact us, and we will assist you to book in with the best psychologist to suit your unique situation. We can be contacted over the phone on (08) 8272 7885 or via email at email@example.com