Emer Dunne is an endorsed Clinical Psychologist, with many years of experience, in Australia and Ireland. Emer has worked with clients across the lifespan and in different settings – both private, public and not–for–profit. She enjoys working with adults providing therapy for all mental health concerns. She only sees adults over 18. She has recently managed psychologists in a mental health internship program in a not–for–profit organization.
Emer is committed to ongoing professional development to provide the best therapeutic outcomes for clients.
Emer tailors her therapy according to individual needs, and she works in a collaborative, empathic, and compassionate manner. She listens and understands you and your situation and she sympathetically engages you in the best evidence based intervention for your needs.
Areas of Interest
- 18+ including older clients
- Anxiety, depression and stress.
- Confidence, self-esteem.
- Family relationship issues – e.g. issues with children and parenting (not couple counselling).
- Postnatal depression.
- Grief, loss and bereavement.
- Trauma (childhood trauma impacting on the present) but not court related work.
She has trained in a range of evidence based modalities including CBT, ACT, DBT, Schema Therapy, Narrative Therapy,
She has also completed training in Grief & Loss. Further, she is also trained in a brief intervention therapy, FACT (Focused Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) for those clients seeking short–term focused therapy.
Registrations and Qualifications
- AHPRA registered psychologist with endorsement to practice as a clinical psychologist.
- AHPRA board-approved clinical supervisor.
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Master of Psychology (Clinical) – University of Adelaide (2006)
- APS College of Clinical Psychology prize (2006)