Jo England Psychologist
Jo England is a Generalist Psychologist who has completed an additional three years of clinical training with the Department of Psychiatry, Westmead Hospital. Jo sees adults, offering treatment for panic, anxiety, depression, complex grief and trauma.
Jo offers after-hours appointments on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Jo specialises in telehealth psychology appointments, which are now becoming very popular, as it makes therapy readily accessible, especially for those located in remote rural areas or people who want to do therapy from home.
She began working in private practice 20 years ago, collaborating with General Practice using skills taken from cognitive behaviour therapy, mindful self-compassion, Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT) and attachment and mentalisation therapy. Jo has had specialist training in helping people with trauma.
Jo describes herself as a relational psychotherapist and believes that our style of attachment and patterns in relationships create symptoms such as depression and anxiety. For those patients with mild to moderate depression and anxiety who have not experienced relief from cognitive behaviour therapy Jo has an accredited evidence based short-term structured psycho-dynamic therapy as an alternative evidence based approach.
Jo works with adults of all ages and also offers support with parenting which encourages a more reflective style of parenting, and building more secure relationships within the family and with their children.
Areas of Work:
- Major depression
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress and adjustment problems
- Panic Disorder
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD)
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Grief and loss
- Reflective parenting
- Relationship and self- identity
- Mild to moderate styles of personality
- Intensive short-term psychotherapy
- Interpersonal psychotherapy
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) skills for symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Mindfulness based CBT
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy
- 10 years in full-time private practice-Canberra
- Psychologist with the Department of Paediatric Medicine, Acute Care and In-Patient Follow-Up- The Canberra Hospital
- Independent Practice out of Blackwood Hospital
- Early Childhood Psychologist, Department of Education and Children’s Services, South Australia
- School Psychologist with New South Wales Department of Education and Training
- 4th Year of practicing at Westbourne Park Psychology
- Accredited Dynamic Interpersonal Therapist with the British Psycho-Analytical Council
- Bachelor of Psychology, Flinders University of South Australia
- Masters of Educational Psychology, Charles Sturt University, New South Wales
- Psychology in Health, Medicine and Therapy with Children taken from the APS accredited Clinical Psychology Masters course
- Graduate Diploma of Counselling (4th Year Australian Psychological Society accredited), Charles Sturt University, NSW
- Three years of Clinical Training for Complex Trauma, Department of Psychiatry, Westmead Hospital
- Registered Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia
- Full Member for 19 years of Australian Psychological Society.